Apple released an updated version of iTunes to the public alongside the new iOS 9.3.2 update. iTunes 12.4 includes a slightly updated and simpler design.
The update was leaked earlier this month, with screenshots showing the new changed design. It’s not a huge change, but it does make your iTunes experience better. According to Apple, the new design allows for easier navigation throughout iTunes.
The 12.4 update comes seven months after the release of iTunes 12.3 and almost 2 months after the last minor iTunes update. With iTunes 12.4, Apple also brings back the sidebar that wasn’t present in the last versions.
Earlier this month, users had also complained that iTunes would automatically delete some users music. Apple has promised that the new update will prevent that from happening. The issue affected only some users, but still, it was kind of a big deal.
Here are all the new features of the new iTunes 12.4 update;
- Now enjoy all of your music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and more in a simpler design.
- Navigation. Now you can use Back and Forward buttons as you navigate between your Library, Apple Music, iTunes Store, and more.
- Media Picker. Easily switch between Music, Movies, TV shows, and more—and Edit to choose just the items you want.
- Library and Playlists. use Sidebar to view your Library in new ways. Drag and drop songs to easily add them to Playlists. And Edit Sidebar to show only your favorite views.
- Menus. Menus in iTunes are now simpler and easier to use. use the View menu to customize your Library or try context menus to act on specific items.
The new iTunes update can be downloaded from the Mac App Store or by simply launching iTunes on your desktop. You’ll be treated with an update notification after opening iTunes. The update is around 150 mb in size and is a worthy update.